Subject: VTU EXPO - 1995
From: David Warner <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 1995 22:07:38 -0400 (EDT)

Tom Patrick McAuliffe (VTU) asked me to forward copies of this press 
release to the mailing lists...   ...now I really wish I were going!!

                                     -David Warner

VIDEO TOASTER USER EXPO '95
News release
For immediate release

Amiga Technologies GmbH to give keynote and unveil A4000 Tower at the 
Video Toaster User Expo '95

October 15, 1995-Sunnyvale, CA-Video Toaster User is pleased to announce 
that Amiga Technology's President and CEO, Petro Tyschtschenko, will address
attendees at the Video Toaster User Expo in an opening keynote speech on
Thursday, November 2 at 10:00 a.m.  

"I have also gotten word today," said Video Toaster User's Events Manager, Ann
Pulley, "that Amiga Technologies plans to show its brand new multimedia machine,
the A4000 Tower and present the A1200 entry level model with its full featured
software bundle." 

Video Toaster User is also pleased to announce that Amiga Technologies 
GmbH, the ESCOM subsidiary currently developing and manufacturing the 
Amiga computer, and its new U.S. distributor, Service Management Group 
(SMG), will exhibit at theVideo Toaster User Expo '95 November 1-4 at 
the Universal City Hilton and Towers in North Hollywood, CA.

Earlier this year, Amiga Technologies bought the assets of now defunct 
Commodore including the technology to develop and manufacture Amiga 
computers.  Now they are coming to the video industry's only show 
dedicated to the Video Toaster, LightWave 3D and the Flyer to unveil 
their plans for manufacturing, third-party product development and 
distribution in the U.S.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Schedule of Events
Video Toaster User Expo '95

Wednesday - Saturday, Nov. 1-4	Video Toaster, LightWave 3D & Video 
            Toaster Flyer

(9:30am - 5:30pm)  Training Seminars - 24 classes to choose from!
		  *register for one seminar and get free access to exhibits, 
	           keynotes, and general sessions!

Thursday, Nov. 2  (10am)  Keynote Speech with Petro Tyschtschenko, President
 			  and CEO of AMIGA Technologies GmbH

Thursday, Nov. 2 (11am)	 Keynote Speech with Tim Jenison, President of 
			 NewTek, Inc.

Thursday, Nov. 2 (noon-6pm)   EXHIBITS OPEN 

Friday, Nov. 3  (10am - 6pm)  EXHIBITS OPEN

Friday, Nov. 3  (noon)  General Session "The Future of LightWave 3D" with
 		        creators, Allen Hastings and Stuart Ferguson and
 		        NewTek's LightWave Product Manager, Brad Peebler

Friday, Nov. 3  (6:15pm)  Sneak Preview "Mr.Bill's 20th Anniversary special"

Saturday, Nov. 4  (10am - 3pm)	EXHIBITS OPEN

Saturday, Nov. 4  (noon)  General Session "The Future of the Video Toaster
                          and the Video Toaster Flyer" with NewTek Director 
                          of Product Management, Jim Parsons

Saturday, Nov. 4  (2pm)	 Grand Prize Drawing - Win a FREE 275 MHz 32MB 
			 RAM Alpha Windows NT LightWave Workstation 
			 compliments of Carrera Computers and NewTek, Inc!

TO REGISTER:  Call Winnett Expo Services at 1-800-643-Expo (3976) or
707-747-4396

This year's expo is estimated to bring over 5,000 video enthusiasts from 
around the world to the Universal City Hilton & Towers November 1-4, 1995.
Four days of training seminars (Nov. 1-4) concentrating on the Video 
Toaster, LightWave 3D and the Flyer will be presented in conjunction with 
three days of exhibits (Nov.2-4) by the industry's leading  manufacturers 
and developers of third-party products for the Video Toaster and LightWave 
3D market.  

See what the future holds for the Video Toaster, Lghtwave 3D, the Flyer and
Video Toaster for Windows! Experience firsthand demostrations from third-
party product manufacturers and developers who will show you the best, 
latest products for  Amiga, PC, DEC Alpha and Mips systems.

You'll learn professional techniques used by industry leaders in video
post-production and 3D Animation, and discover the most valuable tips and
money-saving products that will help make your business as successful as 
it can be!

Don't miss 4 days of information-packed seminars, expert panel discussions, 
product demonstrations and bargains. Over 24 seminars and conferences on 
Video production editing, 3D Animation and TV Graphics will be taught by 
the industry's leading experts!

Take advantage of FREE general sessions and bare-bones discounts offered 
by many exhibiting companies. Come to shop and learn at the Video Toaster 
User Expo '95!

November 1-4, 1995 
Universal City Hilton, 
555 Universal Terrace Parkway 
North Hollywood, California, USA

SAVE TIME AND MONEY!
Discounted Airfare: 
Call Destination Designs-800-747-4004.  Ask for Stacey or Jerry, and 
refer to the Video Toaster User Expo.

DISCOUNTED ROOM RATES!
For lodging at the show site, the Universal City Hilton & Towers, call
1-800-HILTONS and refer to the Video Toaster User Expo Group Rate 
($112/NIGHT).  Or, to stay less than one mile away, at Beverly Garland's 
Holiday Inn, call 1-800-BEVERLY ($79/NIGHT). Be sure to call by October 
13 to ensure these rates are still available.

SAVE BY LEARNING!
Register for one or more classes and you'll  get FREE access to the keynote
speech, general sessions and all three days of exhibits, plus first-rate
training by our expert instructors!

PRE-REGISTER AND SAVE!
Call now to pre-register for attendance and save $25!  Pre-registered 
exhibit attendance includes the keynote speech, general sessions and all 
three days of exhibits-only $20 before October 20! (After October 20 and 
at-the-door registration are $15/day.)

CHECK OUT LightWave 3D!
The world-renowned 3D animation software on the 
Amiga, Windows, Windows NT, SGI, DEC Alpha and MIPS!
LightWave 3D: What experts use for Babylon 5, 
seaQuest DSV, Space: Above and Beyond, Legends, 
Sliders, Star Trek Voyager, Hercules and Baywatch!

SHOP AROUND!
For the best buys in third-party hardware & software add-on products for
LightWave 3D, the Video Toaster, the Flyer and Video Toaster for Windows! 
Don't miss all the exciting demonstrations and information-packed seminars! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

ENHANCE YOUR SKILLS BY ATTENDING OUR FULL RANGE OF VIDEO TOASTER AND 
LIGHTWAVE 3D TRAINING SEMINARS!

Levels of Instruction   * Beginning    **  Intermediate    *** Advanced

Wednesday, November 1
9:30am - 11:30am
*	Toaster Essentials: A Beginner's Guide	 Bob Anderson
***	Advanced Logos and Corporate Graphics	 Dan Ablan

1:00pm - 3:00pm
*   	Modeler Essentials: A Beginner's Guide	 Bob Anderson 
*** 	Organic Modeling	 Jason Linhart

3:30pm - 5:30pm
*   	LightWave Essentials: A Beginner's Guide	 Brad Hayes
*** 	Bones & Character Animation	 Jason Linhart

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday, November 2
9:30am - 11:30am
*	Power ToasterPaint Techniques	 Bob Anderson
***	More Character Animation Techniques 
		from Amblin Imaging	 Fred Tepper

1:00pm - 3:00pm
**  	Envelopes, Motion Graphs & Keyframing	 Brad Peebler
*** 	Displacement Mapping & Surfaces	 	 Dan Ablan

3:30pm - 5:30pm
*   	3D Logo Basics	 Dan Ablan
*** 	3D Compositing for Video	 Brad Hayes

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday, November 3
9:30am - 11:30am
*	Flying Logos	 Dan Ablan
***	Metaform and Spline-based Modeling-
	 	LightWave Techniques	 Jason Linhart

1:00pm - 3:00pm
*  	Forensic Animation	 Don Pence
*** 	Advanced Modeler-Tips, Tricks & Problem Solving	 Brad Peebler

3:30pm - 5:30pm
**  	Editing with the Video Toaster Flyer	 	James Hebert
*** 	Advanced LightWave & Modeler-Open Forum Q&A 	John Gross

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday, November 4
9:30am - 11:30am
*   	Lighting & Camera Angles-Production Workshop	 John Parenteau
*** 	Forensic Animation II-Advanced Techniques	 Don Pence

1:00pm - 3:00pm
**  	Live Production with the Video Toaster and the Flyer    Chris Fenwick
*** 	Advanced LightWave-Tips, Tricks & Problem Solving       Grant Boucher

3:30pm - 5:30pm
**  	Video Titling with the Toaster Character Generator    James Hebert
*** 	Real-World Special Effects	 		      Grant Boucher

Don't miss the year's most information-packed training event!

FREE GENERAL SESSIONS TOO!

FRIDAY-NOON
"The Future of LightWave 3D"

SATURDAT-NOON
"The Future of the Video Toaster & the Flyer"

Call Winnett Expo services TODAY:1-800-643-EXPO (3976) OR 707-747-4396
ONLY $70 per class or just $459 for a full passport to all 12 classes!  
One attendee per passport please.
See you at the center of the Video Toaster and LightWave 3D universe!

Avid Media Group is the leading authority of information for professionals 
in the personal video production and 3D animation markets, with a focus on 
the Video Toaster and LightWave 3D.  Avid Media Group's expansive product 
line includes magazines, newsletters, custom publishing, trade shows, and 
seminars.  

For more information contact Ann Pulley at 408-743-9250 or visit our 
Web page at http://www.portal.com/~amg

--
David Warner <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]